Here is my recipe for the afore mentioned quiche. I call it the BLT Quiche which stands in this case for Bacon, Leeks, and Tomato (sun-dried that is). I will admit I did not make the crust for this but instead used a pre-made one. Yes, a homemade one is infinitely superior but my excuse is an age old one. I'm too busy. Ok maybe the truth is that I am a little lazy when it comes to crust making. But I will make up with the quiche itself. I promise. See for yourself. Here is a printable version of the recipe below.
- one 9-inch deep dish pie crust (homemade or purchased)
- 2 leeks chopped and cleaned
- 3 slices of peppered bacon
- 6 oz of white cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375º F. Bake crust according to directions and set aside.
- Over medium heat crisp bacon in pan. Remove bacon from pan reserving 1 tbsp of bacon grease. Chop bacon when cooled.
- Saute leeks in reserved bacon grease until slightly soft over medium high heat seasoning with salt. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, and ricotta cheese. Add shredded white cheddar and stir to combine.
- Mix together bacon, leeks and sun-dried tomatoes. Pour egg mixture over vegetable mixture stirring to combine. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 20 to 25 minutes more. Center should be set and non-giggly. Adjust the time if you need too. Let cool for approximately for 15 minutes before eating.
Labels: company, easy, eggs, leeks, quiche, quick, recipe, stress free meal