Meatless Monday: Three Cheese Pizza

     I love to cook, especially when I can try a new recipe.  Especially if the recipe is complex, has multiple ingredients, steps, or new techniques that I can attempt to master.  I love a challenge.  Yet I also appreciate a quick, easy, meal or snack I can throw together at the last minute.  To be truthful, this is how I cook most of the time with my busy, always changing schedule.  A dish that is easy, quick, yet at the same time tasty and satisfying is a real gift for the busy lifestyle. This pizza hits the spot and accomplishes all my requirements for a good snack or light meal.  It is crunchy, flavorful, and delicious.  Plus the speed at which it can be made leaves a lot of time for relaxing perhaps perusing that new cookbook.
     This also satisfies my frequent pizza cravings without being the gut bomb pizzas at times can be.  I love pizza so much.  So much!  I have a variety of favorite pizza parlors.  The one with the soft chewy crust, the one that loads each pie with extra cheese to order, or the one that is hometown made, a local favorite.  My three cheese pizza is just as tasty and the crust is only a mere 32 calories!  I used Ghossian's Thin Wheat Pita for the crust.  It is a local company that I am proud to support.  Don't despair out-of-towner's, they also ship many of their fabulous Mediterranean specialties across the country.  Their pitas make a light crust that crisps up great in the oven.  It makes the best quick, thin crust pizza.


Quick Three Cheese Pizza

Recipe by Jordan
Ingredients
Directions
  1. Slice mushrooms and sauté in a little olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown.
  2. Place pitas on large baking sheet.
  3. Spread 2 tbsp of sundried tomato pesto (I purchased this from Aldi's) over each pita
  4. Sprinkle 1 tbsp pecorino roman over each pita
  5. Place half of mushrooms over each pita
  6. Remove thyme leaves from sprigs, sprinkling fresh thyme over each pita
  7. Sprinkle half of mozzarella and parmesan over each pita
  8. Slice grape tomatoes into rounds and place half of them over each pita
  9. Bake at 375º until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
  10. Serve as a snack or with a mixed green salad for a light meal.
This serves 2.

Labels: , , , , , , ,