Meatless Monday: Maple Almond Butter


     I love nut butters.  I am a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast.  Nearly every morning I have an english muffin toasted and topped with the liquid gold of my choice, usually peanut butter.  Recently on our trip out west I discovered Justin's Maple Almond Butter.  We purchased individual packets of the delicious stuff as a snack for one of our hikes.  It was so delicious that when I went home I looked for it at our local grocers.  Much to my dismay it was not stocked at the time. Undeterred I decided to attempt to recreate the flavor at home.  Nut butters as so easy to make at home with the aid of a food processor.  This one has just 4 ingredients, almonds, almond oil (found at TJ Maxx), pure maple syrup, and kosher salt.  It is easy to make, heart healthy, smooth and creamy.  It is a must try!




Maple Almond Butter

Recipe by Jordan
Ingredients
Directions
Place all almonds in food processor
Process almonds until finely chopped like almond meal.


Process almonds until they begin to release oils and clump together. Add almond oil one tablespoon at a time (you may add more almond oil to taste to reach desired consistency).


Add maple syrup and salt and process to combine. Transfer to desired container and store in refrigerator .  Serve on toast. Great with peach jam too!













Labels: , , , ,